How to Live and Work with Passion (from “Inspirational Books”)
Inundated with spam (which takes up my “precious” time) and have to spend my time trying to earn a living writing books.
This may change in the future if I get some admin help.
Thanks for the understanding and all the best
CAN’T KEEP UP…BUT THANKS FOR THE “THANX”
MANY MORE COMMENTS OVERNIGHT and many hundreds of thousands already on my various other blogs at http://craigsblogs.wordpress.com/ as well as creativewritingcourse.blogtown.co.nz…true!) …so hope it’s not slowing down your loading speed!). Am really pleased you are enjoying my writings, as the reason I write is to share.
I have so many WordPress blogs and can’t keep up with the comments, likes, etc. So sorry can’t reply individually to all you good people scattered around the planet, but DO try to read as many as possible daily (and even moderate a few when I get a “mo”),
I do really appreciate your liking, linking to and/or following this blog (and “writing in”), so “thanks for the thanx”
“As we live and move and have our being, so from this vision, we create heaven in our own lives… and perhaps even heaven on earth.”
– craig (as inspired by Acts 17:28 and the words of Felicia Searcy)
“Aim at the earth and you may not get off the ground.
“Aim at the stars and you may reach the moon.”
“Aim at heaven and you’ll have earth thrown in…
and you may even hit the stars.”
– craig (as inspired by the famous quote by CS Lewis – 24th May 2012)
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
– Leonardo da Vinci
“If a man is called to be a street-sweeper,
he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted,
or Beethoven composed music, or
Shakespeare wrote poetry.
He should sweep streets so well
that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say,
here lived a great street sweeper
who did his job well.”
– Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.
Instead of trying to reply to each one of you, I’ll just keep on writing
“If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I’d type a little faster.”
The various books that Craig “felt inspired to write” are available at: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=la_B005GGMAW4_sr?rh=i%3Abooks&field-author=Craig+Lock
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B005GGMAW4 and http://goo.gl/vTpjk
All proceeds go to needy and underprivileged children –
”Since I can never see your face,
And never shake you by the hand,
I send my soul through time and space
To greet you. You will understand.”
– James Elroy Flecker (1884-1915)
In response to some questions/queries…
DONATE (should you wish): All donations gratefully received – thank you.
Just click the button below to donate any amount… even if it’s for a cup of coffee
Thank you kindly for the support.
All proceeds go to needy and underprivileged children –
What’s the difference between a writer and a family pizza?
The pizza can feed a family of four!
HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS MORE COMMENTS OVERNIGHT ( many tens of thousands already on this blog)
so having to remove some to “make space in cyberspace”
Firstly, thanks for the feedback to you all, and this article and web site has really “seemed to have struck a chord” with so many of you “out there in cyberspace.”. However, it also means that I’m being swamped by masses of “spam mail” (most of the comments are great). For the +-.001% of negative comments about layout or spelling, that’s fine… and you’re perfectly entitled to your opinion.
So unfortunately, I can’t go through the hundreds and hundreds of messages (and many hundreds of thousands of comments on my various other WordPress web sites) that I get each day and have to “simply empty the “spam” box (not really spam) after quickly reading as many as I can and approving a few.
Still I’m pleased you readers are enjoying these thoughts (why I write) and I do APPRECIATE the feedback. Will try to read as many responses as I can and approve a few each day (seeing you’ve taken the “trouble” to write in and say ‘thanks’). I really DO appreciate the positive feedback – the reason I write my various articles and books (at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=la_B005GGMAW4_sr?rh=i%3Abooks&field-author=Craig+Lock and http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B005GGMAW4) is to share
To answer a few questions (as mentioned) I’m “snowed under”, so sorry, don’t have resources as a “one man band” to answer you individually)
* I don’t do social media, like Twitter (I’ve never understood the attraction/fascination of exchanging mundane and “mindless” trivia of my “little” life with acquaintances in cyberspace). As my close friends say, if someone wants to follow me, they should do it with a camera!
* I don’t have time to look at other web sites or comment on design (I know nothing about that. To the few who are complaining about the occasional spelling mistake, Have your heard of British English! Also I “don’t major in minor details”.
”Man invented language in order to satisfy his need to complain.”
– Canadian linguist Steven Pinker
* All my articles may be freely reproduced (sorry don’t have time write for other websites), as I’m busy writing a few books at the moment
* If you clicked on contact and you keep on getting mail (or something like that) I know NOTHING, so contact WordPress admin (firstname.lastname@example.org/and/or email@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org . I put most of my focus into my books, so have no idea how to add sound, video, etc to the blog.
* please feel free to link to the web site or my other wordpress blogs at http://craigsblogs.wordpress.com should you wish, but I have no time to do links
* You may not believe this, but I’m a “total non-techno”, so know, NOTHING about web site design, feeds, etc. And lay-out is not one of my strong points. I just write and post on the blog! How I got am where I am is a “miracle” . And no one would believe the story (only those who have true faith)! BELIEVE it (first) … then you’ll see it!
“Believing is seeing.”
(BEFORE the event)
* I don’t have a newsletter to subscribe to (as I simply don’t have the time).
* Will try to post articles from time to time, but all my writings are available at http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/user/15565 and http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/profile.cfm?writerid=981
(Personal growth, self help, writing, internet marketing, spiritual, ‘spiritual writings’ (how ‘airey-fairey’), words of inspiration. Please feel free to use
Thanks again for the understanding
PS: I don’t have time to write new articles on writing, as I need to focus on my books (including my various books on “the writing journey”) and our brand new creative writing course at http://creativekiwis.com/index.php/creative-writing-course
…and try to earn a living.
“It’s easy being a writer… the hardest part is figuring how to make a living whilst one does so.”
“It took me twenty long years of sweat and tears (no blood please, I’m very sqeamish) to become an overnight success.”
– “a nony mouse writer”
The various books that Craig “felt inspired to write” are available at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=la_B005GGMAW4_sr?rh=i%3Abooks&field-author=Craig+Lock
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B005GGMAW4 and http://www.creativekiwis.com/amazon.html
If the Lord makes you successful, I’ll keep you humble (…by shopping sprees?)!”
– a wife (I won’t say whose!)
thanks for the understanding and I DO really appreciate your “writing in”
“Thanks for the thanks”
“When (or if ever) you arrive in heaven, let faith, hope and love be the wings that carried you there.”
– as adapted from the inspiring words of Jonathan Edwards, former minister in New England, Massachusetts
“The Greatest Race: Living by (with) faith, hope and love is the highest podium any person can reach, God’s podium that anyone stand on.”
Having pursued the goals, the dreams set before us and run the race with persistence and endurance, after giving it all. Then one day standing on the summit of life, breathing in the pure sweet oxygen of achievement, totally satisfied in running the greatest race, the race of life one that ANYONE can run and win.
Time to sleep then back to my books at
Don’t worry about the world ending today…
it’s already tomorrow in “little” scenic and tranquil New Zealand
“Life is God’s novel; so let Ultimate Source write it, as it unfolds…”
– me (as inspired by the words of Isaac Bashevis Singer)
“Here was a light behind the despair, beyond the darkness. At first a flicker of an ember, just a tiny pin-prick of dawning possibilities. Then burning slowly, brightly and bigger, a glimmer, a candle in the blackness of despair, which gave off just enough of a glow (luminescence?) to light a path. And so show the rest of us the way ahead… a path to endless possibilities…from the darkness into the eternal light.”
as adapted (slightly) from Rian Malan’s powerful words in ‘My Traitor’s Heart’
Our brand new Creative Writing Course has just gone Live
“Those who can, DO…
Those who can’t teach!”
web site http://jetpix.wordpress.com/
“I don’t want to live a balanced life, I just want to write.”
– craig (as inspired by the words of Mario Andretti, 1978 Formula One World Champion)
The various books that Craig “felt inspired to write” are available at
Picture: First Light Makorori, Gisborne in the scenic and tranquil little haven that is New Zealand (or Godzone, as it is often affectionately known) by Dawn Furmage
First Light Makorori, Gisborne by Dawn Furmage